2021 Iowa MOST Application
It is with a heavy heart that the Iowa MOST 2021 Medical Mission to Guatemala has been canceled due to Covid-19. Our efforts this year during the pandemic are to support our partners in Guatemala who are working to help children who are being severely impacted by the virus. Malnutrition is rampant and children are suffering. You can help by donating to the “Iowa MOST Helps” fund at this link.
The 2022 Iowa MOST Application will be available June 1, 2021.
This medical mission is an incredible opportunity to make a tremendously positive impact on the lives of children and their families.
The 2022 Iowa MOST Trip dates are yet to be determined.
As you consider applying to volunteer for the Iowa MOST Trip, please consider that all volunteers must be in good physical condition and healthy in order to fulfill mission responsibilities.
The team puts in long, challenging days filled with meeting the needs of the children who are cleft patients and their families.
- Non-medical volunteer positions are limited as this is a medical mission facilitated in a small hospital with limited space for volunteers.
- Fluency in Spanish is not required, but is certainly a bonus to help volunteers interact positively and efficiently with the families we serve.
- Volunteers must possess mission critical skills including excellent interpersonal skills, stamina to work long hours, and experience working with children.
- Iowa MOST benefits from self-motivated volunteers who can both follow direction from the medical team as well as work independently finding ways to serve.
- All non-medical volunteers are responsibe for 100% of their mission expenses to cover air and ground transportation, hotel (shared room), and meal expenses. This total is approximately $1,500 to $1,700.
- Every medial volunteer is required to complete an application for the mission.
- You are required to submit a copy of your passport and proof of board certification and/or diploma with your application.
- Every medical volunteer is required to pay a minimum of $300 to help subsidize annual mission expenses.
Please note: A Google account is required to apply.