The Iowa MOST 2019 mission dates are currently being set. Applications to participate in the 2019 Iowa MOST mission will open on August 1st and close on August 31st 2019.
As you consider applying to volunteer for the Iowa MOST 2019 Trip, please consider that all volunteers must be in good physical condition and healthy in order to fulfill mission responsibilities.
The team puts in long, challenging days filled with meeting the needs of the children and their families.
- Non-medical volunteer positions are limited as this is a medical mission facilitated in a small hospital with limited space for volunteers.
- Fluency in Spanish is not required, but is certainly a bonus to help volunteers interact positively and efficiently with the families we serve.
- Volunteers must possess mission critical skills including excellent interpersonal skills, stamina to work long hours, and experience working with children.
- Iowa MOST benefits from self-motivated volunteers who can both follow direction from the medical team as well as work independently finding ways to serve.
- If you have volunteered for Iowa MOST in the past, you will not be required to resubmit a cover letter, vitae, or diploma.
- You will be required to submit a passport and proof of board certification every year that you apply.
If you have questions, feel free to Contact Us. Thank you!